Friday, August 9, 2019

The Wise Heart

"For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice." James 3:16

These are the words for the world. This is how it runs—on jealousy and selfish ambition. Then, I take a closer look at myself and see that, in all honesty, this is how I run. Furthermore, I see that wisdom is what counteracts the “bitter jealousy and selfish ambition” (v.14), and not just any wisdom, but wisdom from above. 

The wisdom from above is defined by its attributes. Pure, peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. And with peace, there is a harvest and bounty of righteousness which tells me that good things come from this kind of heart. The wise heart. My heart is foolish without the wisdom from God. His covering re-forms my lowness into fitting the form of His identity. His wisdom. His righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click here to view this photo book larger

Visit Shutterfly.com to create your own personalized photobook.